It all comes down to simple moves really:
- Have a plan.
- Confirm the details & document.
- Build a realistic time line of activities.
- Kick off your project with all stakeholders involved.
- Hold people accountable for their part(s).
- Report on status regularly.
- Make sure what is being done are the right things. Do that by asking a lot of questions.
- Ask more questions. Make sure you understand all of the "whys".
- Use problem solving & facilitation skills to ensure progress.
- Celebrate when finished.
- Thank everyone involved personally & specifically.
And for me, when all else fails, I remind myself of the right moves by going to the men and women with the "Right Stuff," NASA because let's face it, I don't need to reinvent the wheel - I got projects to do!